Sonntag, 25. August 2013

Drawing Challenge NATURE


 This weeks theme for our dc NATURE choosen by our wonderful tinyWoolf is a real challenge because of its endless possibilities. As always having too many ideas swirly around in my head, seeking nature and bringing bits and pieces of it back home...


I started with a simple collage (above) with scraps of nature drawings out of my collection of old books  to assemble different aspects of nature and highlight just one.



 On my daily dog walks in the forrest my eyes were caught of all this little ? no idea how they're called "leaves of pine cones" left behind from very productiv squirrels and I started to collect and glued them into a material collage



here some details...



Yesterday evening collecting the 2nd round of "leaves" 3 dogs were heavenly barking at me as they passed by, I guess they were concerned about this weird woman crowling over the forrest floar and I believe her owner did the same... and I thought 
"so what, I'm an artist I can do that, normally can everyone, normal is boring".

So if seeking and playing with nature ends up in finding the true nature/center 
of yourself this is a good thing I assume...





 ... and talking about collecting on my yesterdays trip to a fleamarket which takes 
places a couple of times at a recycling yard I found this old landscape painting which 
seemed to me a gift of heaven for this drawing challenge and I altered it my way 
playing with the romantic idea of nature, reality and humans habit to 
map everything out maybe to feel safer if you always know were you are...


... and hung them into my bedroom and this way combined
this weeks challenge with last weeks. HA!

not to mentioned how much fun I had with this theme - thank you dear Nadine - 
and please don't forget to visit Nadines always amazing and inspiring blog 
to see all the results of all other participants!
Have a nice weekend,
Barbara

18 Kommentare:

Sue Hutchen Lay hat gesagt…

Fabulous entry! All so beautiful.

Unknown hat gesagt…

I love your material collage, I can see you and your dogs in the forest;-)))) But I really love what you did to that old painting! That made me smile, I just love that!

Unknown hat gesagt…

I love your material collage, I can see you and your dogs in the forest;-)))) But I really love what you did to that old painting! That made me smile, I just love that!

Carole Reid hat gesagt…

Hello Barbara. You most certainly are not "normal" but extremely talented with such clever ideas! I especially enjoyed seeing your works hanging in your bedroom. Have a great week. xo Carole

Unknown hat gesagt…

Great result...love how the pine was transformed in a ring...lovely!

Kim Henkel Creations hat gesagt…

Wonderful nature inspired creations! Love the originality of the cone circle and what you did with the old painting - also love to see them displayed so beautifully in your bedroom. Beautiful!

Unknown hat gesagt…

'so what, I'm an artist I can do that, normally can everyone, normal is boring".
YES!!!!
Your collages are splendid, Barbara. xxoo, sus

nadine paduart hat gesagt…

oh.my.g. you've had fun!
i just loved seeing that cone wreath on canvas grow...! and your comments. hee hee.
you are too right, we are nature, and we can do what we like in nature, and we can crawl like dogs if we want to.

your painting make over is hilarious, and hangs pretty much at home there, above your head.
your first decoupage/collage doesn't half remind me of what i'm doing lately. more on that later!
n♥
thxs for playing, bee.

Tammie Lee hat gesagt…

your pine cone art is lovely
and
reminds me of a wreath

such a great painting too, reminds me quite a bit of where i live ;-)

lovely week to you. I look forward to hearing your prompt for next week.

Patrice A. hat gesagt…

i can picture you in the woods
ha! ;^)))
love your collage
but that last find and
what you did with it
my favorite

have a fine week!!
x

Leena hat gesagt…

Wonderful and beautiful - both works are perfect on the wall! :) Leena

renilde hat gesagt…

hello Barbara, yes you did make a masterpiece out of an old landscape painting, just love it!
so nice to be back and see how you keep surprising me (us) xx

Unknown hat gesagt…

Hello Barbara,
I have to tell you that I am delighted with your cone art work, you are so creative :) and love what you did with painting, so original!

Have a nice day!

Kristen Donegan hat gesagt…

Love both responses to this theme Barbara!! You definitely have got the play part down here!

So inspiring and love thinking about you crawling around in the forest
;)

Cindi hat gesagt…

The journey is as much fun as the end result. It looks like you had a great time with this challenge! Cindi

Unknown hat gesagt…

Leaves of pinecone! I never heard the reference before and I love it! They are as strong as rocks those leaves of pinecone. They are as delicately shaped and delicately formed to perfection to wind their way in a spiral shape around the pine cone to form the cone itself. A wonderful art idea and nature play to make art. Just fabulous Barbara! It seems that your addition to the painting is making order out of the feeling of chaos! Fun! Norma, xo

sarapirat hat gesagt…

beautiful bee!

mano hat gesagt…

ein wundervollster post!!
schade, dass ich nicht mitmachen konnte, das thema war so toll.
liebe grüße von mano

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...